Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The Dance

I think the worst feeling, is being forgotten about by someone you will never forget. But is it really that bad? You’ll never forget him/her for a reason. For stolen moments that will make you smile once the hurt finally begins to wane. I guess that’s why when I feel like this, I listen to the Dance by Garth Brooks, and hope to put things in perspective.
Looking back on the memory of
The dance we shared 'neath the stars above
For a moment all the world was right
How could I have known that you'd ever say goodbye

And now I'm glad I didn't know
The way it all would end the way it all would go
Our lives are better left to chance I could have missed the pain
But I'd of had to miss the dance
Many people miss out on the glorious and most fun parts of life because they dwell on the fear of getting hurt. Don’t you think it’s much better to take chances in life and make mistakes so you can better enjoy the good things? If I could look back and pick what I would change, I might change some of the choices that I've made. But I'm glad that I can't do that because I wouldn't experience the fun that so often gets lost, when we look back on sad memories. It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all. Right?
garth brooks - the dance

No comments:

Post a Comment